On Mon, Feb 05, 2018 at 10:28:20AM +0100, julien lepiller wrote: > Le 2018-02-05 10:07, Pjotr Prins a écrit : > > We would like have the website translated to Chinese and some other > > languages that represent a large group of non-native English speakers, > > such as Spanish, Bengali and Japanese. For this we need to add support > > for i8n to haunt, which is a technical issue, but we also would like > > to invite native speakers to come forward and perhaps introduce some > > helpers who are interested in spreading free software in places that > > need it! > > > > It is not meant to be a lot of work, one day per language would probably > > do. But it needs to be someone who understands free software to get > > the lingo right. How do you translate 'rolling software deployment'. > > You don't want it to be 'fuming dragon on carpet', though that may > > actually be the better representation ;) > > > > We can start simply translating the front page and perhaps one or two > > blogs. I think that once we bootstrap there will be more people > > pitching in. But you need to get the attention first. > > > > Just a small sacrifice of your time with tremendous potential impact! > > Hi, > > as I said during FOSDEM, I'm willing to translate the website, blog > posts, and manual into French. My only concern is that the translations > may fall out of sync without anyone noticing. With gettext, it's easy > to know when strings are not translated, but what about the solution > that would be used by haunt? > How do you plan to do the translation with Haunt? I thought about making page translations possible by allowing page bodies to be lambdas taking a page variant as an argument, e.g. a string containing an ietf language code, and returning the body S-expression. Then the page variants could be specified per site and each page would be generated once per variant. A site’s post-template and collection-template could then also optionally be lambdas returning SHTML instead of SHTML. It should also be possible to specify a procedure to transform a base page name and a language variant to a new page name. I still did not have time to send a patch though…