On Wed, Jan 17, 2018 at 02:05:28PM -0500, Mike Gerwitz wrote: > With that said, I'm having trouble creating a package: it wants a > `source' field, but this is a metapackage of sorts, and I didn't intend > on having any source files; I can generate them using the builder and > trivial-build-system. How can I work around this? You can use (source #f) with the trivial build system for metapackages. Check out the package definitions of 'gnome' and 'gnome-default-applications' in gnu/packages/gnome.scm for some examples.