Hi Ludo, I tried that at the start already actually, unfortunately it doesn't work. It'll refuse to start with the following message: qemu-system-x86_64: -net user,smb=~/tmp: Could not find 'smbd', please install it. On Sun, 07 Jan 2018 11:44:35 +0100 ludo@gnu.org (Ludovic Courtès) wrote: > Hi Rutger, > > Rutger Helling skribis: > > > I'm not sure it's as simple as that. AFAIK "/usr/sbin/smbd" only > > appears in the configure file. You can modify it by specifying > > smbd=/location/of/binary, which it then builds into the qemu* > > binaries. I think it has to be a single binary (full path) with no > > arguments at all or it doesn't work. That's why I chose to do it in > > this way. > > > > Maybe someone more familiar with the QEMU source code can do it by > > patching the source code itself, but I would have no idea how to go > > about it. Plus I'm not sure if that would end up being less > > complex, or if it's even possible at all. > > Looking more carefully, ‘fork_exec’ in slirp/misc.c already uses > ‘execvp’ (meaning that the executable is searched for in $PATH), so it > may be that configuring with: > > --smbd=smbd > > is enough to have ‘smbd’ searched for in $PATH, no? > > Thanks, > Ludo’.