On Wed, Nov 22, 2017 at 05:39:53PM +0100, Pjotr Prins wrote: > I am booking a room at ICAB for 3 nights. Anyone else want to stay? > > They ask you to book now, and you have to be pretty sure. It is a 20 > minutes walk to downtown. I think that is perfect. > > Pj. That looks great. Unfortunately the walk from there to the University is about 5km, so I'll probably be staying about midway between the two again. > > On Tue, Nov 21, 2017 at 07:55:40PM +0100, Pjotr Prins wrote: > > We are hosting a GNU Guix and Guile day on Friday before FOSDEM (that > > is Feb 2nd.). We have a large room for 40 people at http://icab.be/ > > for the whole day. In the morning we'll have talks - and in the > > afternoon it is free discussion and hacking. > > Exciting! What time do we have the room from? > > Write Manolis, Ludo or me if you would like to give a talk. > > > > We'll want to record them, so if anyone here has a camera and is > > willing to help out we will be very grateful! > > > > We'll set up a registration page a few weeks in advance because we > > need to know how many lunches to order. Note you can also stay at > > ICAB. It is not expensive and I have heard it is pretty good. > > > > FOSDEM is one of the greatest free software events in the world with 2 > > days of talks on some 30 tracks https://fosdem.org/2018/! You should > > consider going. Almost everyone I know who attends FOSDEM keeps coming > > back. There is something for everyone! Personally, I get inspired > > *every* time (sometimes detrimental to my free time the rest of the > > year). > > > > It is how I got to be part of Guix - it was a talk by Ludo. Hope to > > see you there! > > > > Pj. > > -- Efraim Flashner אפרים פלשנר GPG key = A28B F40C 3E55 1372 662D 14F7 41AA E7DC CA3D 8351 Confidentiality cannot be guaranteed on emails sent or received unencrypted