On Mon, 16 Oct 2017 13:22:23 +0300 Oleg Pykhalov wrote: > Hello Christopher, > > Christopher Baines writes: > > [...] > > >> + (synopsis "Frontend to GNU Global source code tagging system") > > > > I'd suggest putting "the" in here, so "Frontend to the GNU Global ...", > > as I think that reads better. > > [...] > > > Similarly with "the GNU Global" in the description. What do you think? > > Apart from that, this looks fine to me :) > > I don't think so. Upstream¹ doesn't have an article “the” before GNU > Global, too. WDYT? > > ¹ http://elpa.gnu.org/packages/ggtags.html I don't think there is any harm in improving on the descriptions of the software from the upstream source. But I'll leave it up to you to make the decision. Unfortunately, I don't have a very formal understanding of English grammar, but there is some information about definite articles [1]. Which I think says that its appropriate to use as there is one, specific "GNU Global source code tagging system". 1: https://learnenglish.britishcouncil.org/en/english-grammar/determiners-and-quantifiers/definite-article