Ludovic Courtès transcribed 1.0K bytes: > Hi Thomas, > > I understand and sympathize with your arguments. In fact, this has been > a long running theme, and we discussed it at last year’s FOSDEM at > length. :-) > > Thomas Danckaert skribis: > > > So I do see the appeal of something like gitlab, but I also wonder how > > it could be integrated in the current workflow. I think it could help > > a lot if debbugs took some ideas from github/gitlab, but I don't think > > debbugs is actively worked on? > > At FOSDEM, while we have having a drink late at night, someone said > “Let’s just write a nice Web interface to Debbugs in Guile!”, and we > were all like “Yeah, let’s do that!”. But of course on the next > morning, we were all thinking about something else already. ;-) > > So, I don’t know! I’m still open to experimenting with a local > GitLab/Kallithea/whatever instance. If someone writes packages and a > GuixSD service, that could be easy. Hint, hint! :-) > > Ludo’. > > I would not bet on Kallithea. I hope it changes, but it seemed not very active. Responsive (the team), but last time I tried working on it was 6 months ago. Pagure is a Fedora/Red-Hat project. Seems promising, although a bit early. It seems functional enough for Fedora, and so far it's the only one I would use. There's a ton more we looked at. Building Gitlab from source is supposedly harder than pagure, as pagure just depends on python modules. I should pick up this branch again. If you don't mind the wait, I could arrange this after the majority of the current task is done. Of course anyone could pull from my remote and work on pagure ;) -- ng0 GnuPG: A88C8ADD129828D7EAC02E52E22F9BBFEE348588 GnuPG: https://dist.ng0.infotropique.org/dist/keys/ https://www.infotropique.org https://ng0.infotropique.org