On Wed, 11 Oct 2017 20:29:57 -0700 Chris Marusich wrote: > Hi Guix, > > I want to get Guix working on macOS. I recently had a need to do > this, and I was sad to find that although Nix works on macOS, Guix > isn't quite there yet. The manual makes it sound like this should be > fairly straightforward, and I intend to give it a shot [1]. But > before I begin, I wanted to know: has anyone done this already? Is > there interest? I've checked the email lists, and I didn't find much > discussion about this. Hey Chris, I'm interested! My workplace hands out laptops running MacOS, and while I don't use one, and most people using them do development in a Ubuntu VM, I'd love to have the option to help my colleagues use Guix on their machines. > I know a lot of developers who use macOS as their primary workstation, > and most of them use a combination of Homebrew [2] and manual > installation for package management. It'd be great if Guix were easy > to use on macOS! Not only is it the best package manager (of > course! :-)), but it would be a great way to encourage the use and > growth of free software among this group of people. > > Additionally, if you're interested in helping out, please let me know. > To facilitate the work, I'm temporarily renting a Mac from MacStadium > [3] (it's just a weak little Mac Mini [4] for now), and it would be > trivial to give interested parties administrative access (via VNC and > SSH) to facilitate the work. I'd be interested in helping out, but I have never seriously used MacOS, so this would be quite a learning curve. Thanks, Chris