On Tue, Oct 03, 2017 at 11:15:04AM -0400, Leo Famulari wrote: > Based on my work creating a go-build-system and packaging a non-trivial > Go application [0], I want to start a discussion on how we can > efficiently package Go software in Guix. Another question, which is bikesheddy, is how to name Go packages in Guix. So far, I've used "golang-$upstreamname", which is how Petter named the work-in-progress packages I am finishing. This leads to very long package names, but I don't know a better way to ensure unique names for each package. I think we should do "go-$upstreamname" instead. Golang is not the name of the language, but rather the domain name (go.org was apparently not available), and a term that has been adopted by the community. But, it would be good to save 4 characters here.