Christopher Allan Webber transcribed 0.6K bytes: > Konrad Hinsen writes: > > > On 02/10/2017 11:18, David Seaward wrote: > > > >> To what extent is support for other distros a priority for the Guix > >> project? In other words, explicitly planning to make Guix available as > >> an alternate installation source on non-Guix-SD distros. > > > > That's already possible right now. Go to the download page and check for > > "GNU Guix 0.13.0 Binary". This is Guix for other Linux distros, as a > > look at the installation instructions will confirm. I am using this on a > > Ubuntu 16.04 LTS installation on my laptop. > > > > Konrad. > > It would still be nice if we provided .deb/.rpm/etc files on that page. By my own observation, systems including Guix either officially or by third-party / community methods: Archlinux: https://aur.archlinux.org/packages/guix/ Gentoo: https://packages.gentoo.org/packages/sys-apps/guix Debian: from past discussion and on request from Whonix iirc it is currently not possible due to Debian Packaging Standards (expected package behavior) or something along the lines, see guix-devel archives. Fedora: https://copr.fedorainfracloud.org/coprs/lantw44/guix/ Slackware: https://slackbuilds.org/repository/14.2/system/guix/ is on 0.12, needs an update. Any slacker up for that task? Otherwise, ping the maintainer: > Maintained by: Hunter Sezen We could mention those on the Download page? -- ng0 GnuPG: A88C8ADD129828D7EAC02E52E22F9BBFEE348588 GnuPG: https://krosos.org/dist/keys/ https://www.infotropique.org https://krosos.org