Mark H Weaver transcribed 0.8K bytes: > Mark H Weaver writes: > > > ng0 writes: > > > >> With a completely new system (had to set this up for testing Mate) > >> and guix package -i icecat (for the recent release) and no pre-existing > >> configuration, the default was Google, not DuckDuckGo. > > > > On my GuixSD system, I just tried the following: > > > > * Quit IceCat, and wait for the process to really be gone. > > * Move ~/.mozilla to ~/.mozilla-OLD. > > * Restart IceCat. > > > > and I found that DuckDuckGo was the default search engine. > > > > I'm not sure what you did, but I suspect that you had a ~/.mozilla > > directory in place where Google was configured to be the default search > > engine. > > Any response to this, ng0? Do you still believe that Google is the > default search engine for our IceCat package? > > Mark > I was busy and haven't forgotten about this. So: What I reported was on a new install from scratch. When I simply rename my .mozilla and start icecat so that a new profile is created, I get DuckDuckGo. Let's just close this, I have no idea what happened on the previous install. -- ng0 GnuPG: A88C8ADD129828D7EAC02E52E22F9BBFEE348588 GnuPG: https://krosos.org/dist/keys/ https://www.infotropique.org https://krosos.org