It seems to me as if SLIM can be dropped once we have something else in place. Would you agree? The big pro for this is that it is dormant for a considerable long time now. If so, I could spare myself the time to fix our slim-service to make it functional with tcsh. I think it only work (tested) with zsh and bash, maybe even fish. tcsh needs another login_command for SLIM as we have this in tcsh: tcsh --help | grep "act as login" -l act as a login shell, must be the only option specified This is not just a tcsh issue. So I have something I am about to try, but: is it really worth it? In my opinion: No. Only if we keep Slim around for a long time. To be clear: I'm not asking for tcsh support, I'm just trying to make it easier for shells which aren't Bash to give their users the freedom to use them without too much work on their own. The login manager is part of a bigger picture. -- ng0 GnuPG: A88C8ADD129828D7EAC02E52E22F9BBFEE348588 GnuPG: https://n0is.noblogs.org/my-keys https://www.infotropique.org https://krosos.org