On Tue, 15 Aug 2017 15:21:36 -0400 Leo Famulari wrote: > On Tue, Aug 15, 2017 at 07:35:31AM +0100, Christopher Baines wrote: > > On Mon, 14 Aug 2017 23:31:37 -0400 > > Leo Famulari wrote: > > > > > * gnu/packages/version-control.scm (cgit)[inputs]: Replace the > > > git@2.10 package with an origin reference of the source code. > > > (git@2.10): Remove variable. > > > > It would be useful if outside of the changelog, but in the commit > > message, you could put why you are making the change. As far as I > > can tell, this won't change the cgit package, so I'm guessing the > > intent is to neaten up the code? > > Recently we started running the test suite of the "main" git package. > > That caused the build of this package to fail, which also made cgit > fail to build, and that was annoying. > > But, we don't even need to build this source code as a package, since > it gets built within the cgit build process, and we don't run the > tests there. > > So, I figured we might as well not provide this as a package at all, > since it's really just intended to provide source code to cgit. > > Does that sound reasonable? Yep, makes sense, and the diff looks good to me. > If so, I'll summarize this in the commit message. Great :D