On Wed, Aug 02, 2017 at 04:31:08PM -0400, Kei Kebreau wrote: > Leo Famulari writes: > > I guess there is a correct ordering and an incorrect ordering, depending > > on whether or not these phases should happen before or after the shebang > > patching phases. Does it work if it happens before the shebangs are > > patched? > > What does the "it" in "does it work" mean here? If you mean the > builds themselves, then no. Success isn't guaranteed because the > configure scripts might not be patched, as the patching phases are > finished before the "build" phases. This change ensures that the > "patch-usr-bin-file" phase can operate on generated configure scripts if > necessary: > > https://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/guix-devel/2017-07/msg00124.html I'm sorry for sending that confusing sentence! You interpreted it correctly. Thank for the clarification!