On Fri, Jul 28, 2017 at 11:26:22PM +0200, Ludovic Courtès wrote: > Woow, impressive patch set! At first sight the 26 patches look > reasonable to me, so I would suggest pushing them, along with the > biber-next@2.7 update you mentioned. Alright, I'll clean it up and push today. > As for biber itself, perhaps the best option is to make biber-next the > new biber? I don’t use it so I can’t really tell whether there’d be > undesirable consequences. Ricardo added biber-2.5 in 253cdd6c1464c944be2418ee9161f5f5b57e0eee. Ricardo, can you check if it's still necessary? > Another option might be to mass-escape left braces in the Biber code, > but that’s probably not that easy… I'll try it. The upstream changes suggest it might not be that hard. > Anyway, this patch series probably closes the main blocker for > core-updates no? AFAIK, but I'm only testing x86_64-linux, and I'm not running a graphical system.