On Thu, Jun 22, 2017 at 11:45:26PM +0200, Ricardo Wurmus wrote: > > Mark H Weaver writes: > > > FWIW, I always check digital signatures when they're available, and I > > hope that others will as well, but in practice we are putting our faith > > in a large number of contributors, some of whom might not be so careful. > > I do the same when signatures are available. I couldn’t find this > recommendation in “contributing.texi” — should we add it there? To me, it seems that the manual section Packaging Guidelines is a better fit. But, we tend to recommend people read Contributing, but rarely do I see Packaging Guidelines recommended. I suppose it's assumed they will find it themselves.