all messages for Guix-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
* EOMA68 Development Boards
@ 2017-05-20  4:37 Louis Pearson
From: Louis Pearson @ 2017-05-20  4:37 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: guix-devel

lkcl, the developer of eoma68 is offering to send some early boards out to
people who
will be helping to port OS's to eoma68. I'm posting this here to see if
anyone is
interested in getting one of these to bring GuixSD to the eoma68. I
personally don't
know much about uboot, guix, or porting linux, so it would probably be a
poor decision
for me to get one. I am extremely interested in seeing GuixSD running on an
eoma68
though.

If there is anyone is interested I'll bring this up on the eoma68
(arm-netbook) mailing
list.

* Re: EOMA68 Development Boards
@ 2017-05-20  9:03 ` Mathieu Othacehe
From: Mathieu Othacehe @ 2017-05-20  9:03 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Louis Pearson; +Cc: guix-devel

Hi Louis,

> If there is anyone is interested I'll bring this up on the eoma68
> (arm-netbook) mailing
> list.

I'm currently reworking GuixSD bootloader API. I think it would be great
to continue this work by porting GuixSD to an open-hardware platform.

So I'm definitely interested in getting one of these boards !

Thank,

Mathieu

* Re: EOMA68 Development Boards
@ 2017-05-20 12:21   ` Ludovic Courtès
From: Ludovic Courtès @ 2017-05-20 12:21 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Mathieu Othacehe; +Cc: guix-devel

Hi Louis & Mathieu,

Mathieu Othacehe <m.othacehe@gmail.com> skribis:

>> If there is anyone is interested I'll bring this up on the eoma68
>> (arm-netbook) mailing
>> list.
>
> I'm currently reworking GuixSD bootloader API. I think it would be great
> to continue this work by porting GuixSD to an open-hardware platform.
>
> So I'm definitely interested in getting one of these boards !

+1!  Mathieu has taken the lead on revamping bootloader support in
GuixSD to allow it to support multiple bootloaders, notably with the
goal of support U-Boot (used on most ARM boards), so it would make sense
for Mathieu to have a development board.  A couple of other people have
also contributed to this area, in particular Danny, who might also be
interested.

Thanks,
Ludo’.

* Re: EOMA68 Development Boards
@ 2017-05-20 13:04     ` Danny Milosavljevic
From: Danny Milosavljevic @ 2017-05-20 13:04 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Ludovic Courtès; +Cc: guix-devel

Hi,

On Sat, 20 May 2017 14:21:04 +0200
ludo@gnu.org (Ludovic Courtès) wrote:
> for Mathieu to have a development board.  A couple of other people have
> also contributed to this area, in particular Danny, who might also be
> interested.

Yes, I am interested.

* Re: EOMA68 Development Boards
@ 2017-05-20 19:09       ` Pjotr Prins
From: Pjotr Prins @ 2017-05-20 19:09 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Danny Milosavljevic; +Cc: guix-devel

If it leads to a small form server it will also be interesting for
hosting secure mail. VPS on closed hardware has at least one downside
;)

Pj.