Heya, > As a user I want something like ‘apt-get update’, which is what ‘guix > pull’ tries to do. For end-users, cool stuff would be: nguix [ guix-ncurse u [ update the aptitude cached list of all packages, [ installed or not... just package descriptions, nothing [ has been downloaded yet U [ mark as 'wish to update' g [ list the above marked for update packages, then fine tune [ using =, -, + ... g ok, download what I really selected to be updated and update... note that the most important aptitude ncurse menu is 'Cancel pending actions' :) or using emacs, 'à la magit' M-x guix-status u U ... > For Guix developers, I think it’s reasonable to have a traditional GNU > build system. After all, Guix is also a regular software package that > people can build from source with “./configure && make && make install”. If I could just grab guile-gnutls and “./configure && make && make install” then I could compile, play, use, learn, contribute with/to guix... Cheers, David