On Sat, May 13, 2017 at 03:59:24PM +0200, Ludovic Courtès wrote: > Leo Famulari skribis: > > If possible, I would appreciate if the release included a QEMU image > > that we could offer to VPS hosters like serveraptor.com, as discussed in > > this thread: > > > > If the maintainers want to try for this, I'm happy to help prepare a > > system declaration and test it. I'll work on the system declaration shortly. I think it should take some parts from installation-os from (gnu system install), but the file-systems can be simplified, and the packages reduced. > The main “difficulty” would be to adjust the “Download” page on the web > site, the instructions in the manual, “make release”, and to come up > with a clear file name for the new image. I think the name should be "guixsd-vm-image-VERSION", since this follows the convention established with `guix system vm-image`. I've attached some rough patches for guix.git and guix-artwork.git. I'm confused about `make release`. The for-loop that builds the disk images doesn't seem to set up offloading or actually build the images for the different values of $SUPPORTED_SYSTEMS [0]. Am I missing this somewhere? For the web-site, I'm struggling to set up a development environment where I can run (export-web-site) and test my changes. [0] https://git.savannah.gnu.org/cgit/guix.git/tree/Makefile.am?id=e0b2e93005188ab4d6c7413a27832ba2fb7388e8#n608