On Tue, Mar 21, 2017 at 03:31:01PM +0100, Mathieu Lirzin wrote: > Hi, > > Mathieu Lirzin writes: > > > Here is my proposal for the Google Summer of Code 2017. > > I have updated it, according to the various feedback I had. Here is the > link: > > http://mathieu.lirzin.emi.u-bordeaux.fr/gsoc/guix.html > > I must say that given the current agitation in Guix community for gender > related issues, I am sorry to say that I withdraw my proposal. > > A majority of people in this community seems to adhere to political > ideas related to feminism and LGBT causes and are very vocal about it. > While I respect people having such conviction, the fact that those > ideas/values are repeatedly presented as if every one should adhere to > them is not welcoming for those who disagree. > > As a consequence I would rather spend my time working on Free Software > projects that I consider more tolerant. I'm really disappointed that this is the result of that discussion. I do think that Ludovic is right: we lose nothing by trying to address the gender imbalance in our community. I sincerely hope you'll reconsider leaving the Guix project. And if you keep your decision, I wish you luck in whatever you do. Sincerely, Leo