Hello Florian, I agree that this is a problem. It has been discussed before, and various solutions have been suggested, but I don't think install hooks was one of them. Can you elaborate on your idea? What would an install hook do, and how would it work? J' On Sun, Mar 19, 2017 at 11:30:48AM +0100, Florian Pelz wrote: Hello, Currently my ~/.guix-profile/share/glib-2.0/schemas/gschemas.compiled file contains only GSettings from one package. Guix warns about ???arbitrarily choosing??? this file when installing a package. This is bad; gschemas.compiled should be recreated on package install to include all GSettings stored in the Guix profile. Arch Linux uses hooks to compile GSettings schemas after installing a package. https://git.archlinux.org/svntogit/packages.git/tree/trunk/glib-compile-schemas.hook?h=packages/glib2 Am I correct in that Guix does not support install hooks? I believe install hooks are the proper way to solve this. This affects more than just GSettings. Regards, Florian -- Avoid eavesdropping. Send strong encrypted email. PGP Public key ID: 1024D/2DE827B3 fingerprint = 8797 A26D 0854 2EAB 0285 A290 8A67 719C 2DE8 27B3 See http://sks-keyservers.net or any PGP keyserver for public key.