On Tue, Mar 07, 2017 at 09:58:48PM +0100, Tomáš Čech wrote: > On Tue, Mar 07, 2017 at 02:51:18PM -0500, Leo Famulari wrote: > > This will take effect for the next release of Guix; it addresses a > > problem that arises when somebody installs the binary release of Guix. > > > > I'm not addressing downstream packages of Guix with this commit. > > I'm sorry, I may not understand correctly your answer. > > Are you saying that situation when user freshly installs Guix on > system with systemd (and thus has empty /gnu/store)? The "fix" I pushed will help anyone who does a new installation of Guix on a Systemd or Upstart-based system, after the next release of Guix. Specifically, it is meant to address the issue described here: http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/guix-devel/2017-01/msg01199.html This change won't help anyone who already is affected by that issue. I view it as one small step towards making it probable that users will keep their their Guix installations up to date.