On Wed, Feb 22, 2017 at 12:28:41PM -0800, Rodger Fox wrote: >On 2017-02-22 11:51 am, ng0 wrote: >>On 17-02-22 11:37:11, Rodger Fox wrote: >>>What is the typical memory usage of a GuixSD system? >> >>There's no such thing as a typical system. It depends on what you run, >>300 open browser tabs will lead to more RAM used for example. > >I understand. I didn't mean to leave that as the whole of my question. >I elaborated more on my situation. I have stopped Xorg, networking, >and the guix daemon. I was still at over 5GiB. > >>I'm watching a video, write in an IRC client, and run some other >>background applications and I'm at 3.5 GiB RAM. > >So that seems to confirm my suspicion that something is wrong with my >system. >I am way over that mark with basically nothing running. >As well, I checked another system I have that runs Arch Linux and I >found that >with full gnome-desktop and several extra services running, it is >around 4GiB. > >I was wondering if it was just something strange about the Guix >binaries. >Anyway, I'm just looking for ideas. I know it's a pretty vague problem. >It just makes me wonder if my system is compromised somehow. > >I think I will try a fresh install to see if it changes anything. This is rather high - are you sure that you don't count cache into this? What is in /proc/meminfo? Best regards, S_W