all messages for Guix-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
* Re: GeoIP database redistribution? - Now dealing with very large
@ 2017-01-25  6:50 Pjotr Prins
From: Pjotr Prins @ 2017-01-25  6:50 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Marius Bakke; +Cc: guix-devel

files

On Tue, Jan 24, 2017 at 10:54:26PM +0100, Marius Bakke wrote:
> Just to note, I don't think Pjotr was referring to this particular
> package (geolite database). I just checked, and the City DB is 19.8MiB
> compressed and 104.1 MiB uncompressed. The Country DB is ~2MiB and the
> IPv6 databases are tiny.

Yes, sorry for being inaccurate. We would like to fetch large files as
part of a pipeline setup. Ideally a simple work flow can be a package
built on a local host - it should not go on the main build farm - but,
at this point, Guix does not allow using files from 'outside' the
build setup - which means we have to pull them in before build. It
may be interesting to have access to external data files during build
time.

Something to discuss at FOSDEM.

Pj.

only message in thread, other threads:[~2017-01-25  6:53 UTC | newest]