On Mon, Dec 12, 2016 at 08:54:40AM +0100, Marius Bakke wrote: > The good news: the attached patch makes 'check' work as expected. The > bad news is that we have some breakages. > > 'python-py' fails with: > > TypeError: py.test.__dict__ is not a dictionary > > Which seems similar to > > https://github.com/NixOS/nixpkgs/issues/12565#issuecomment-174165144 Yikes, I had hoped to avoid addressing that Nix issue and the humongous "fix" for a while longer: https://github.com/NixOS/nixpkgs/pull/12552 > I tried adding a newer setuptools as input, to no avail. Needs more > investigation. Okay, I'm happy to hear that it didn't work ;) My understanding is that with the new python-build-system, packages are built with the setuptools that comes with Python, not the external python-setuptools package. Please let us know what you find. Hartmut, any thoughts? In any case, I think it's time to start working on a 'python-updates' branch, which could include this patch.