On Mon, Nov 28, 2016 at 12:15:01AM +0100, Tobias Geerinckx-Rice wrote: > There seems to be some misunderstanding here. Sorry if it wasn't clear: > this (libjpeg-turbo) was *already* bundled and used by icecat, as the > ‘media/libjpeg’ (sic) that this patch removes. You'll find the same SIMD > code there. For the quote above is missing: Ah, thanks for the clarification. > > ;; Fails with "libjpeg-turbo JCS_EXTENSIONS required". > > Translation: icecat wouldn't build with Guix's ‘libjpeg’ even if we'd > want that. > > And we don't. This isn't some dodgy go-faster fork of IJG's ‘real’ > libjpeg. It's intended as a sane alternative to the IJG library, albeit > one that doesn't implement every recent extension. It detects CPU > features at runtime — although they're the status quo now, as Andreas > notes — and falls back to other algorithms that might still be faster. > > Dang it. I thought I wrote good (description)s. :-( The description is excellent. Thanks for putting up with my misunderstanding :)