On Sun, Nov 27, 2016 at 10:02:35PM +0100, Tobias Geerinckx-Rice wrote: > Leo, > > On 27/11/16 21:56, Leo Famulari wrote: > > Will this work on nachines that don't support SSE? My understanding is > > that we don't wish to require it. > > Why wouldn't it? > > I don't often use Icecat, but when I do... I don't see why it would > require SSE by default. ;-) And it's not like we ever patched it to use > IJG's libjpeg to begin with. I'm not sure, but the comment seems to indicate that we don't want to use it: ;; According to ;; http://sourceforge.net/projects/libjpeg-turbo/ , ;; "libjpeg-turbo is a derivative of libjpeg that ;; uses MMX, SSE, SSE2, and NEON SIMD instructions ;; to accelerate baseline JPEG compression/ ;; decompression", so we had better not use it But I'm not sure how to interpret that, so I've copied Andreas on my reply (he wrote that comment).