On Sat, Nov 05, 2016 at 04:41:41PM +0100, Ludovic Courtès wrote: > Hello! > > The ‘wip-guile-ssh’ branch is finally getting into shape. As soon as > a new Guile-SSH release is out, I’ll merge it on master. > > The goal of this branch is to use Guile-SSH (libssh bindings) instead of > invoking ‘lsh’ when offloading builds (see > > for background.) > > The new code is shorter(!), more efficient, more elegant, and hopefully > more reliable. The efficiency gains come from the fact that we can > reuse SSH sessions in an intelligent way. The elegance has to do with > the fact that we have direct access to the SSH API, as opposed to > invoking ‘lsh’ and checking its exit status. > > Improved reliability (well, modulo new bugs ;-)) comes from the fact > that we open a direct connection to the remote guix-daemon for the > duration of the offload, which allows us to better control GC root > registration—we can use the ‘add-temp-root’ RPC directly instead of > writing indirect root files in $HOME. > > Before we put it in production on hydra.gnu.org :-), I’d welcome more > testing! To do that you need a current Guile-SSH (with the > ‘channel-send-eof!’ procedure), and the ‘build-machine’ form is > slightly different than before: it has a new ‘host-key’ field to contain > the OpenSSH-formatted host key of the machine. I’ve updated the doc to > reflect that. > > Feedback welcome! > > Ludo’. > So to clarify, I need to switch just the master to the wip-guile-ssh branch, or also the slaves? -- Efraim Flashner אפרים פלשנר GPG key = A28B F40C 3E55 1372 662D 14F7 41AA E7DC CA3D 8351 Confidentiality cannot be guaranteed on emails sent or received unencrypted