On Sun, 30 Oct 2016 15:03:39 +0100 Tobias Geerinckx-Rice wrote: > Julien, > > On 30/10/16 13:08, Julien Lepiller wrote: > > here is a patch to add php to guix. > > Excellent! I see you've broken into my machine (probably through PHP), > stolen my bitrotting PHP 7 package and greatly improved it. Thanks! > > An incomplete review: > > > + (chdir "ext") > [...] > > + (chdir "..")))) > > Try with-directory-excursion. > > > + "--enable-fpm" "-with-openssl" > > s/-with-openssl/--with-openssl/, although the option would seem > unnecessary if the result is the same. > > > + ;"--with-snmp" > > Best add a comment explaining why this is unavailable, desirable, and, > if possible, what's needed to fix it. > > + #:tests? #f)) > > There are tests, but many fail. This should be explained in a comment > (or fixed ;-). I keep tests enabled on my machine because I hate PHP > and like to hear it scream. > > Bonus fun fact: catastrophic test failure is non-fatal and the thing > installs fine. > > > + (synopsis "PHP programming language") > > + (description > > + "PHP is one of the most commonly used programming language > > the web") > > s/language/languages/ and a missing full stop, but it would be nice to > add even more. For example: > > PHP (PHP Hypertext Processor) is a server-side (CGI) scripting > language designed primarily for web development but is also used as > a general-purpose programming language. PHP code may be embedded > into HTML code, or it can be used in combination with various web > template systems, web content management systems and web frameworks. > > Thanks again for working on this! > > Kind regards, > > T G-R > Here is a new patch that addresses your comments and Efraim's. Also I'm pretty sure you're not supposed to end a description with a full stop.