On Sat, Oct 08, 2016 at 11:00:29PM +0200, Ricardo Wurmus wrote: > > Efraim Flashner writes: > > > AFAIK Chromium doesn't modify any of its bundled software. Would it make > > sense to create a chromium-source package that replaces the bundled > > sources with our sources, allowing us to keep the chromium source and > > the bundled source up-to-date. Then we could use this new > > 'chromium-source' package as a replacement source for > > chromium/inox/qtwebengine? > > Are you certain they don’t modify their bundle? I thought that was the > whole point for them to bundle things in the first place: to be able to > modify things without having to coordinate with the various upstreams. > > ~~ Ricardo > I'm not sure, but I assumed it was so that anyone could download the source and run './configure; make; (sudo) make install' without worrying about those pesky things known as dependancies. -- Efraim Flashner אפרים פלשנר GPG key = A28B F40C 3E55 1372 662D 14F7 41AA E7DC CA3D 8351 Confidentiality cannot be guaranteed on emails sent or received unencrypted