On Thu, Sep 22, 2016 at 07:48:35PM -0400, Leo Famulari wrote: On Thu, Sep 22, 2016 at 09:16:55PM +0200, Ricardo Wurmus wrote: > Theodoros Foradis writes: > > James Richardson writes: > >> John Darrington writes: > >>> A number of people have said that mail to this list takes a long time to > >>> show up. Today I too have noticed that some of my patches have not (yet) > >>> appeared in the archives. > >> > >> I've posted a patch several hours ago, haven't seen it in the archives. > > > > A couple of days ago, I sent a patch series, which I resent after about > > 16 hours , and only then it appeared duplicate in the mailing > > list. There seems to be some issue. > > Usually, the first emails to the lists take a little while longer to > appear. After that things should be faster. I had this experience, too. I assume it's some sort of spam mitigation. Generally these mailing lists deliver mail more or less instantaneously, but the first time is slow. I don't understand what is meant by "the first time". Are you saying the first ever email the list receives is slow, but all subsequent ones are faster - or are you saying something else? -- Avoid eavesdropping. Send strong encrypted email. PGP Public key ID: 1024D/2DE827B3 fingerprint = 8797 A26D 0854 2EAB 0285 A290 8A67 719C 2DE8 27B3 See http://sks-keyservers.net or any PGP keyserver for public key.