all messages for Guix-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
From: "Björn Höfling" <bjoern.hoefling@bjoernhoefling.de>
Cc: guix-devel@gnu.org
Subject: Re: State of maven build system, gradle and Apache commens
Date: Tue, 6 Sep 2016 22:43:02 +0200	[thread overview]

On Tue, 6 Sep 2016 09:32:53 +0200
Hartmut Goebel <h.goebel@goebel-consult.de> wrote:

> Am 06.09.2016 um 00:15 schrieb Björn Höfling:

[..]

> > How do you proceed? Do you have an issue raised where we can share
> > knowledge/coordinate next steps?
>
> I'll convert my intermediate results into patches and some "report" to
> the mailinglist later this week.

I'm interested in your report and want to go on with Maven on GuixSD.

> I gave up on packaging further Java packages. It's a abottomless pit
> of recursive dependencies.

Java people care too little about the dependencies of their
dependencies. I have to point fingers at myself too. I hope that
building everything from source and caring more about the software
freedom helps a bit with that.

But JavaScript/NPM is even worse.

Björn