On 2016-06-17(10:39:50AM+0000), ng0 wrote: --snipe-di-snap-- This is as an example the gtk of emacs, showing that "C" is used permanently. I am in the process of switching that system to non-hardened to see if setting up guix again will help - maybe the very unlikely case of something happened because of gentoo-hardened influencing the first setup and the system guile etc and countless other factors changed "something". khazad-dum ~ # emacs /etc/portage/make.conf (process:7513): Gtk-WARNING **: Locale not supported by C library. Using the fallback 'C' locale. (emacs-24-5:7513): GLib-GIO-WARNING **: Can't find module 'dconf' specified in GSETTINGS_BACKEND GLib-GIO-Message: Using the 'memory' GSettings backend. Your settings will not be saved or shared with ot -- ♥Ⓐ ng0 For non-prism friendly talk find me on psyced.org / loupsycedyglgamf.onion