On 2016-06-14(09:52:46AM+0200), Andreas Enge wrote: > Hello, > > On Mon, Jun 13, 2016 at 05:07:08PM -0400, Leo Famulari wrote: > > On Mon, Jun 13, 2016 at 08:24:23PM +0000, ng0 wrote: > > > What if we patched gpg-1 to not colide with gpg-2? > > > > > > For example, move gpg and gpgv and man pages of them > > > for gpg-1 to something which has -1 in its name. > > > On the other hand this would have to be consistent and be followed > > > straigth to not colide again. I'm not sure if this > > > approach will work out in the long run. > > > > Unless this is a configuration option supported by upstream GnuPG, I > > don't want to do that. For the same reason, my patch does not affect > > gnupg-2.0. The -as-gnupg2 option got me for a moment, I forgot that this is gnupg-1. > > I agree with this argument - one of our principles is to mess as little > as possible with upstream packages. In this case, since there is a special > configuration option for gnupg-2, we may use it, but then we would have > to pay the price that both gnupg-1 (or gnupg-2.0) and gnupg-2.1 could not > be installed together any more. Maybe it would then be consistent to drop > gnupg-2.0 from the distribution. gnupg-2.0 and gnupg-2.1 are currently individual packages which can be installed side by side in guix? > Finally I managed to make gnupg-2.1 work together with mutt, but it was > not completely straightforward... So we should document the change if we > make it. Yes, there have been some changes, but they are documented upstream. When this is desired for Guix, I can see if I can recall what I did in 2015 where it went from working to broken to almost working and now completely functional with GnuPG2.1.x I'd be curious if it just works when I can move to GuixSD again with libgcrypt-1.7 merged. > By the way, should we maybe make pinentry a propagated input of gnupg-2.1? > If I understand correctly, gnupg-2.1 will not work without it (and mixing > pinentry from Debian with gnupg-2.1 from Guix was one of the reasons for > gnupg not working at first). > > Andreas > > -- ♥Ⓐ ng0 For non-prism friendly talk find me on psyced.org / loupsycedyglgamf.onion