all messages for Guix-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
* Creating new package for Guix - newbie's question
@ 2016-06-12 20:08 Rodion Goritskov
From: Rodion Goritskov @ 2016-06-12 20:08 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Help Guix

Hello everybody!

I am GuixSD and Guix newcomer. Installation succeeded, but suddenly I
found that one of my favorite packages - compton[1], is missing in
repos.

OK, that is not really a problem - I tried to create this package
myself. So, I copied template "hello.scm" from documentation, modified
it according to compton's build process.

Question is - how I can test created package build process?

I tried executing guix package -f <my package file>. It doesn't output
any errors, but package is not installed or built.

What is the process of testing created package file?

Thank you in advance.

Proud Guix user,
Rodion Goritskov

P.S. Guix and GuixSD are great pieces of software!

[1] - https://github.com/chjj/compton