On 2016-06-12(03:21:29+0200), Albin wrote: > Den Sat, 11 Jun 2016 07:48:59 +0000 > skrev Re: Openttd - mention todo/integration status of OpenGFX in > description?: > > > On 2016-06-10(10:39:49-0400), Leo Famulari wrote: > > > On Sat, Jun 11, 2016 at 01:02:18AM +0000, ng0 wrote: > > > > After installing OpenTTD, the game asks for a download of > > > > OpenGFX (GPL2 licensed) which can be done in application. > > > > > > > > Now this is not the way this is handled usually, and it is > > > > also stated in a comment in the package (games.scm:1926), > > > > should we - even if it is just temporarily - point out that > > > > OpenGFX is not included, or should it just be added and > > > > users will notice through an package update and not a > > > > comment on it? > > > > > > How do you recommend we point it out? > > > > > > Of course, the best solution is to package OpenGFX. > > > > > > > OpenGFX looks rather small, so I'll try to do it soon. > > > > (description "OpenTTD is a game in which you transport goods and > > passengers by land, water and air. It is a re-implementation of > > Transport Tycoon Deluxe with many enhancements including multiplayer > > mode, internationalization support, conditional orders and the > > ability to clone, autoreplace and autoupdate vehicles.") > > > > What about something like: > > > > (description "OpenTTD is a game in which you transport goods and > > passengers by land, water and air. It is a re-implementation of > > Transport Tycoon Deluxe with many enhancements including multiplayer > > mode, internationalization support, conditional orders and the > > ability to clone, autoreplace and autoupdate vehicles. This package > > only includes the base of the game, when you start it you will be > > prompted to download graphics and sounds.") > > > > I believe this would be more correct: > > "This package only includes the game engine. When you start > it you will be prompted to download a graphics set." Looks good to me, can you create a patch for it? > But, of course, the best would be to package opengfx. > > By the way, the sound effects are not free since only non-commercial > redistribution is permitted. Yes, but as the licenses are in the details of the in-game download manager I think it's enough to mention the start blocker (gfx), you could theoretically just run it without sounds or create your own soundpack and use it (same for gfx). > > > > > -- > > ♥Ⓐ ng0 > > For non-prism friendly talk find me on > > psyced.org / loupsycedyglgamf.onion > > Albin -- ♥Ⓐ ng0 For non-prism friendly talk find me on psyced.org / loupsycedyglgamf.onion