all messages for Guix-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
* gnunet-svn
@ 2016-06-08 20:04 Catonano
From: Catonano @ 2016-06-08 20:04 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-guix

I read an interesting thread about some work being done to package a svn
version of gnunet in Guix

It's here
http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/guix-devel/2016-03/msg00464.html

How did it end ? I see no gnunet-svn among the packages.

I'd love to play with gnunet

There was a fix on the description to be done
http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/guix-devel/2016-03/msg01409.html

There was a test on python-zbar (and qrcodes ?)
http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/guix-devel/2016-03/msg01366.html

There was a typo to fix
http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/guix-devel/2016-03/msg01358.html

* Re: gnunet-svn
@ 2016-06-08 22:26 ` ng0
From: ng0 @ 2016-06-08 22:26 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-guix

On 2016-06-08(10:04:37+0200), Catonano wrote:
> I read an interesting thread about some work being done to package a svn
> version of gnunet in Guix
>
> It's here
> http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/guix-devel/2016-03/msg00464.html
>
> How did it end ? I see no gnunet-svn among the packages.
>
> I'd love to play with gnunet
>
> There was a fix on the description to be done
> http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/guix-devel/2016-03/msg01409.html
>
> There was a test on python-zbar (and qrcodes ?)
> http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/guix-devel/2016-03/msg01366.html
>
> There was a typo to fix
> http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/guix-devel/2016-03/msg01358.html

Yes,

this is still going on.
I had to find and report some bugs with gnunet, found some of them while
I went to finish the gentoo package of it, did much discussion over the last
months, but -svn will definitely be finished soon, as I can merge back what I
gained from fixing up gnunet on gentoo.

I just put it on pause for a while, but we had some discussions, and while
I'm still pushing to get GNUnet into portage of gentoo, we think it's
easier to push for guix on gentoo (which is barely finished now, the base
works).

Thanks for the reminder, I'll definitely fix it this month or next one.

--
♥Ⓐ ng0
For non-prism friendly talk find me on