I've been working more on this and I think it's much better now. Currently it checks for `-l' or `-c' flags in the first position and with some borrowing of code from the ls-command I've worked out returning an error (out of order) when a file doesn't exist. And if there's no flag then it attempts to read the first argument as a file also. bournish@(guile-user)> wc -l gpl-3.0.txt foo guix_cve foo: No such file or directory 674 gpl-3.0.txt 25 guix_cve -- Efraim Flashner אפרים פלשנר GPG key = A28B F40C 3E55 1372 662D 14F7 41AA E7DC CA3D 8351 Confidentiality cannot be guaranteed on emails sent or received unencrypted