all messages for Guix-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
* Developing on two machines
@ 2016-05-30 16:55 Hartmut Goebel
From: Hartmut Goebel @ 2016-05-30 16:55 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-guix

Hi,

I'm alternately working on my desktop and my laptop, synchronizing data
between these tow machines. Now after installing some guix packages on
the laptop (but not on the desktop), running

./pre-inst-env guix build ...

gives me the error

./pre-inst-env: …/scripts/guix: /gnu/store/cpxwg…-profile/bin/guile: bad
interpreter: No such file or directory

Well, the message is obvious: The profile which is hard-coded into
scripts/guix does not exist on this machine. As an work-around I'm using
./pre-inst-env guile script/guix build ....

But I wonder if there is another solution?!

--
Regards
Hartmut Goebel

| Hartmut Goebel          | h.goebel@crazy-compilers.com               |