On Sat, May 14, 2016 at 10:54:58AM -0400, Matthew Jordan wrote: > Good day everyone, > > Recently I have been looking into rkt and acbuild which are both built > with golang. But as there is no golang package in guix yet I was > considering using nix since there is a package for that in guix (and nix > has packages for go, rkt and acbuild). > > I'm wondering if anyone has any infomation on running Nix on > guixSD. Perhaps in guix oriented way using the "config.scm" (guix system > reconfigure). > > I'm also curious as to whereter guix and nix can share "/gnu/store" or do > they need to run with their own stores? > > Also is the go/golang package still being worked on? I am not sure how > much help I would be, but I would be willing to help out any way I can. > Time permitting of course. > I have a non-working package for go. It builds fine, but it currently has "cgo_enabled" set to 0, so I've been told it doesn't actually work. Its totally possible I have other variables set wrong, I don't actually do any programming in go, so I followed the go docs as best I could. Either toss it in your GUIX_PACKAGE_PATH (and change the header from (packages golang)) or do `guix package -f golang.scm', which should do the trick. -- Efraim Flashner אפרים פלשנר GPG key = A28B F40C 3E55 1372 662D 14F7 41AA E7DC CA3D 8351 Confidentiality cannot be guaranteed on emails sent or received unencrypted