all messages for Guix-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
* bug#23136: less, showing errors
@ 2016-03-28 13:29 Jean Louis
From: Jean Louis @ 2016-03-28 13:29 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 23136

package less:

$ less --help
head: cannot open ‘@/less/help/file/@’ for reading: No such file or
directory
Error: no lexer for alias '@/less/help/file/@' found

then it does show the help.

I am on foreign distro, but environment is Guix packaging based.

Further, if less is used as pager in postgresql:

\d imapaccounts
less: error while loading shared libraries: libtinfo.so.5: cannot open

I can see that less which is important package, in Debian, depends on
following:

Depends: libc6 (>= 2.14), libtinfo5, debianutils (>= 1.8)

But I cannot find libtinfo in GuixSD. This should be included.

Jean Louis

* bug#23136: less, showing errors
@ 2016-03-28 16:49 ` Ludovic Courtès
From: Ludovic Courtès @ 2016-03-28 16:49 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Jean Louis; +Cc: 23136

Jean Louis <guix@rcdrun.com> skribis:

> package less:
>
> $ less --help
> head: cannot open ‘@/less/help/file/@’ for reading: No such file or
> directory
> Error: no lexer for alias '@/less/help/file/@' found

I tried in a pristine environment like this:

  guix environment --container --ad-hoc less -- /bin/sh -c 'TERM=xterm less --help'

This works well for me.  Could you check on your system?

If this works, it probably means that something from the host system is
interfering.

Does ‘which less’ point to Guix’s less?

Thanks,
Ludo’.

* bug#23136: less, showing errors
@ 2016-03-28 18:08   ` Jean Louis
From: Jean Louis @ 2016-03-28 18:08 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Ludovic Courtès; +Cc: 23136

Hello,

Thank you.

I have tried that command, I cannot see anything.

Yes, my less is from GuixSD. I guess something was interferring from
alien system.