On Sat, 19 Mar 2016 22:01:26 +0100 Tobias Geerinckx-Rice wrote: > On 19/03/2016, Efraim Flashner wrote: > > Wouldn't fix lynx, I meant my following suggestion wouldn't help with the actual issue of fixing lynx > I'm afraid I don't understand who or what this refers to. > > > but I can say that links is working fairly well for > > me and I haven't been "locked out" of a non-https website. > > So the stock Guix lynx opens (for example) https://google.com just > fine on your end? > Stock lynx on my end won't open https://google.com, it gives me an error about not supporting HTTPS urls. Links is a different text mode web broswer than lynx. There's also w3m, which I haven't tried out yet. -- Efraim Flashner אפרים פלשנר GPG key = A28B F40C 3E55 1372 662D 14F7 41AA E7DC CA3D 8351 Confidentiality cannot be guaranteed on emails sent or received unencrypted