On Wed, 16 Mar 2016 12:09:06 +0100 Tobias Geerinckx-Rice wrote: > On 16/03/2016, Leo Famulari wrote: > [...] > > (Disclaimer of sorts: I wrote that package as well, a long time ago. > For the same machine I'm hoping to migrate to Guix soon.) > > Yes please! Since the main purpose of this package is peace of mind, I > consider it worth patching. > > In my very scientific tests of pretend-dropping my laptop and watching > the HDD LED, the default seemed needlessly short. I've seen expensive > things bounce about for much longer... > > Should I add a separate .patch file for this, or just do it inline like Nix? > > Kind regards, > > T G-R > I personally prefer inline as long as it isn't too big/hard. In my unscientific understanding of it, it allows people who don't use substitutes to be more self-reliant. -- Efraim Flashner אפרים פלשנר GPG key = A28B F40C 3E55 1372 662D 14F7 41AA E7DC CA3D 8351 Confidentiality cannot be guaranteed on emails sent or received unencrypted