all messages for Guix-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
* bug#22232: libcue source tarball not bootstrapped
@ 2015-12-24 17:34 Leo Famulari
From: Leo Famulari @ 2015-12-24 17:34 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 22232

Hi,

Can someone recommend a "template" email I can send to upstream
developers requesting that they bootstrap their release tarballs?

libcue recently moved from sourceforge to github and it seems that they
have forgotten to bootstrap the new tarballs. I'm not familiar enough
with the Autotools system to know what to ask them to do.

* bug#22232: libcue source tarball not bootstrapped
@ 2015-12-27 13:09 ` Andreas Enge
From: Andreas Enge @ 2015-12-27 13:09 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Leo Famulari; +Cc: 22232

On Thu, Dec 24, 2015 at 12:34:50PM -0500, Leo Famulari wrote:
> Can someone recommend a "template" email I can send to upstream
> developers requesting that they bootstrap their release tarballs?

Here is what I sent recently to the numactl list:
   http://article.gmane.org/gmane.linux.kernel.numa/951

Andreas

* bug#22232: libcue source tarball not bootstrapped
@ 2015-12-27 14:45   ` Leo Famulari
From: Leo Famulari @ 2015-12-27 14:45 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Andreas Enge; +Cc: 22232

On Sun, Dec 27, 2015 at 02:09:46PM +0100, Andreas Enge wrote:
> On Thu, Dec 24, 2015 at 12:34:50PM -0500, Leo Famulari wrote:
> > Can someone recommend a "template" email I can send to upstream
> > developers requesting that they bootstrap their release tarballs?
>
> Here is what I sent recently to the numactl list:
>    http://article.gmane.org/gmane.linux.kernel.numa/951

Thank you! This is exactly the email I was looking for. I will adapt it
as necessary.

@ 2015-12-28 23:20     ` Ludovic Courtès
From: Ludovic Courtès @ 2015-12-28 23:20 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Leo Famulari; +Cc: 22232

Leo Famulari <leo@famulari.name> skribis:

> On Sun, Dec 27, 2015 at 02:09:46PM +0100, Andreas Enge wrote:
>> On Thu, Dec 24, 2015 at 12:34:50PM -0500, Leo Famulari wrote:
>> > Can someone recommend a "template" email I can send to upstream
>> > developers requesting that they bootstrap their release tarballs?
>>
>> Here is what I sent recently to the numactl list:
>>    http://article.gmane.org/gmane.linux.kernel.numa/951
>
> Thank you! This is exactly the email I was looking for. I will adapt it
> as necessary.

It might also be useful to point them at
<http://www.gnu.org/software/automake/manual/html_node/Basics-of-Distribution.html>.

Ludo’.

* bug#22232: libcue source tarball not bootstrapped
@ 2015-12-29  1:36       ` Leo Famulari
From: Leo Famulari @ 2015-12-29  1:36 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Ludovic Courtès; +Cc: 22232

On Tue, Dec 29, 2015 at 12:20:49AM +0100, Ludovic Courtès wrote:
> Leo Famulari <leo@famulari.name> skribis:

> >> Here is what I sent recently to the numactl list:
> >>    http://article.gmane.org/gmane.linux.kernel.numa/951
> >
> > Thank you! This is exactly the email I was looking for. I will adapt it
> > as necessary.
>
> It might also be useful to point them at
> <http://www.gnu.org/software/automake/manual/html_node/Basics-of-Distribution.html>.

It looks like upstream is preparing a new release that switches from
Autotools to CMake. I'll just wait for that. We can close this bug.