* Pjotr Prins [2015-12-27 13:41:52+0100] > On Sun, Dec 27, 2015 at 12:20:27PM +0300, Dmitry Bogatov wrote: > > Currently, I am at master branch. I want install parallel-20151122. > > But it is gone since 0877e. I propose to keep *all* versions, > > but just 'parallel' refer to latest. > > Use a combination of git hash values (to generate the versions) and > guix profiles (to manage them at the same time). It makes sence. The only problem is find required hash. Is it any idea to automate it? > > In case of haskell/python/ruby libraries, I propose keep all versions > > multiplied by every version of compiler/interpreter. > > I do the same with Ruby using profiles. I have any number of interpreters > installed for testing and any number of libraries using either guix or > the lib path with a profile in there. But how do you solve problem, that for example you want library foo-999.very.new, compiled with ruby-1.8, but they never existed at same time in guix package tree? -- Accept: text/plain, text/x-diff Accept-Language: eo,en,ru X-Keep-In-CC: yes X-Web-Site: sinsekvu.github.io