On Sun, Feb 08, 2015 at 03:42:08PM +0100, Ludovic Court??s wrote: John Darrington skribis: > In particular, I have noticed that http://gnu.org/s/guix/package-list.html is now > over 1.5 MB in size and is startign to take an unacceptably long time to load (at > least for me). I think it???s rendering that takes time, not transfer per se (unless you have a very slow connection.) You may well be right. But I think that 1.5MB is *way* too large for a single web page. I'm relatively well connected but there are people in the world who still use 56kps internet connections. I would like it to use David???s guix-web JS code to add the search box and multiple-page split. I suspect this would address the rendering time and usability issues. But of course, that would need help from someone knowledgeable... :-) Artanis is another possible tool that might help, but I don't know much about it either. It would be ideal if this were done in a ???progressive enhancement??? fashion, such that it can still be viewed in emacs-w3m. It certainly should be viewable with w3m, and with links, yes. J' -- PGP Public key ID: 1024D/2DE827B3 fingerprint = 8797 A26D 0854 2EAB 0285 A290 8A67 719C 2DE8 27B3 See http://sks-keyservers.net or any PGP keyserver for public key.