(sending this to both the fsf and the guix-devel mailing list) Quoting Ludovic Courtès (2014-11-16 16:09:33) > Ian Denhardt skribis: > > > Quoting Ludovic Courtès (2014-11-13 15:15:37) > >> Did you hear from them? > > > > Finally, yes. Here's the full response: > > Great, thanks. > > > Quoting Donald R Robertson III (2014-11-11 10:57:53) > > [...] > > >> The best course of action would be to contact the author to try and > >> clear up these issues. As you can see from our license list > >> , however, there > >> isn't a font license that we could really recommend that would cover the > >> same ground as what the author has outlined. But we could work with him > >> to try and get a better licensing situation. If you think it is worth > >> pursuing, please let us know and we will contact them > > It’s probably worth pursuing, although I can imagine they’d rather spend > a reasonable effort on it. Alright, I think we should contact him. My guess is he's not likely to be very familiar with GNU/Linux or the Free Software community in general (in addition to the licensing thing, the zip file contains a .docx). I feel like if I draft a letter myself I'm likely to assume too much knowledge. Don, if the developers here agree, I'd appreciate it if you'd contact the author, or perhaps draft a letter at least. -Ian