Quoting Alex Kost (2014-10-30 03:27:59) > As both python packages can co-exist in one profile, either python-2… > may be renamed into “python2” or python-3… into “python3”. As python3 > is the future, I think it would be better to have “python2” and “python” > (which is python3) packages. Or maybe they shouldn't be renamed and we > can introduce a little collision instead by adding "…/bin/python" > symlink to python-3… package. Speaking as someone who's been on a distro that has python 3 as the default since 2.7 came out, and being a professional python developer working on codebases that often don't work on python 3, I don't really consider this a sensible default. I often have a symlink ahead of the system python binary in my path that points to python2. More importantly, I think it should be tunable. I *do* sometimes make use of having both available. -Ian