Vagrant Cascadian schreef op do 22-04-2021 om 10:57 [-0700]: > On 2021-04-22, Maxime Devos wrote: > > + (define (check-pluralized-this-package description) > > + "Check that DESCRIPTION does not contain This packages" > > > > The sentence structure would be clearer if you used quotes here, > > something like "Check that DESCRIPTION does not contain ‘This packages’". > > Any compelling reason to use ‘This packages’ vs. 'This packages' ? I find ‘curly quotes’ more aesthetically pleasing, though that's a bit subjective I guess. > It seems other quotes in guix/lint.scm use '' also, I believe they should use ‘curly quotes’ as well, though I would like to hear what other things about that first. > and I'm not apparently > skilled enough with a keyboard to generate ‘’-style quotes... :) If your keyboard is azerty, you could choose ‘Belgian alternative’, and type ‘ with alt-gr+f and ’ with alt-gr+g. > Updated the commit message and incorporated the above suggestions into > the updated attached patch. One other suggestion: you used "string-match" in 'check-pluralized-this-package', which is a bit overkill. string-match interprets its first argument as a regex. The procedure "string-contains" is simpler and probably more efficient. The patch looks good otherwise. Greetings, Maxime.