Florian schreef op za 15-01-2022 om 15:19 [+0000]: > Have you tried to add a search path to emacs or nano? I don't, but I presume it would work -- at least 'ncurses' has a TERMINFO_DIRS native-search-path, 'info-reader' and 'emacs' have an INFOPATH ... > I kinda doubt this would do much; neither nano or emacs ship a terminfo > for kitty, or for foot. What I think could work is wrapping nano and > emacs and every terminal application that has problems to add a path > derived from generically set env vars to point to the places where It doesn't matter that nano and emacs don't ship terminfo files -- if a package in the profile (or build environment) has some search path, then the search path is set with corresponding directories from _every_ package (*), irrespective of whether they have that search path. So as long as 'nano/emacs/vi/...' and 'kitty/foot/gnome-terminal- emulator/...' are in the _same_ profile, the environment variable of the search path is set. They aren't always in the same profile though, (*) with some restrictions w.r.t. cross-compilation, native-search- path/search-path, native-inputs/inputs ... Greetings, Maxime.