Ludovic Courtès schreef op zo 02-05-2021 om 22:51 [+0200]: > > [...] moved it to ;. > > Nice! I knew of the Common Lisp effort this is based on, and the idea > of reusing the .lisp code unchanged is smart. Looks promising! The initial idea was to keep most of the .lisp code unchanged and ‘convert’ most lisp -> Scheme by defining appropriate macro's. However: * the procedure names are adapted to Scheme conventions (! for imperative procedures, ? instead of -p for predicates, ...) * the Lisp code is rather sparsely documented, so I'm adding docstrings and some comments. Particularily important for people who don't know much about how the Hurd and Mach works (e.g. me (-:)). * the Lisp code uses as foreign function interface, which uses CLOS. While much of CLOS can be ‘implemented’ with macros that use GOOPS, there are some incompatibilities (e.g., :after, :before and something else I forgot do not exist in GOOPS) which cannot be easily worked around It is (in-progress) fairly easy to modify the mach/*.lisp code to use guile's FFI instead. E.g., see and I probably need to change the README.org. There were some other points I wished to raise, but I'll stop here so you don't have to wait a week on my response. Greetings, Maxime.